READY: Start Learning Here
Watch the short video, State MCH Block Grant Needs Assessment Conceptual Framework, for a summary of the needs assessment process. This video provides an introduction to the nine steps of the Title V needs assessment process.
Use the links below to continue learning about needs assessment:
Title V Five-Year Needs Assessment Training. Developed: 2014. Source: AMCHP. Presenter(s): Donna Petersen, ScD, MHS, CPH; Ron Benham, MDiv; Karin Downs, RN, MPH. Type: Webinar Archive. Level: Intermediate. Length: 90 minutes. (Note: this link -- which opens in a new window -- takes you to a summary of the webinar on the MCH Navigator website. On this page, you can read more about the webinar and access the archived video).
Aligning the Title V and MIECHV Needs Assessments
- A Crosswalk of the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program and the Title V Maternal and Child Health Services Block Grant Program Needs Assessments
- A Guide to Conducting the Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Program Statewide Needs Assessment Update
- Review the sections below to understand how the needs assessment process and suggested tools align.
- Spend time with the overview material to gain a basic understanding of the tool.
- Review the scenario to understand how your needs assessment team might use the tool.
- Use the facilitator’s script to guide you through using the tool in an upcoming meeting.
- Technical note: to optimize your use of this toolkit, we recommend that you use the most current version of supported browsers (Most versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported by Microsoft; it is recommended that you upgrade to another browser).
We want to hear from you. The expertise for conducting needs assessments exists in the field with the Title V professionals who have led the process on local levels. Please share your experience, resources, and feedback.